Half-Day Seminar - Register Now! ~ Only $35 (lunch included)
Wine Law Seminar
Solutions for the Wine and Grape Growing Industry:
Addressing Environmental, Business & Technical Challenges
Covering Motherlode counties of Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Mariposa, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumne & Yolo
7 Reasons You Should Enroll Right Now!
- Water is the life blood of grape growing and winemaking – Make sure you protect your rights and avoid costly mistakes and unnecessary regulatory risk and fines.
- Learn how local zoning regulations and “knowing what you’re buying” can affect your property rights.
- Environmental regulations keep coming- Learn what’s new, how it may affect you, and how to put the brakes on future regulations.
- Protect your investment by learning techniques to minimize the risks from grapevine viruses.
- Protect Your Brand – Learn about the best ways to navigate Trademark, Copyright, & Labeling laws and protect your Trade Secrets.
- Learn how the terms in your grape contracts can expose your business to financial risk and costly litigation.
- Understand the key steps you can take to ensure a smooth transition into retirement, another new venture, or leave a legacy for your children.
Choose One of Two Locations:
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Oak Ridge Winery
Lodi, California 95240
**Registration deadline: Tuesday, October 30, 2012**
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Shingle Springs, California 95682
**Registration deadline: Wednesday, November 7, 2012**
8:30 Land, Water & Additional Regulatory Trends
· Zoning and Grading Update: Motherlode Region
· Williamson Act/CEQA/Subdivision Map Act
· Availability and Storage
· Water Quality – Growers & Wineries
· Winery Wastewater
· What’s In
· What’s Out
· What You Can do
10:15 Control of Grapevine Virus Diseases
11:00 Business Operations
· General Operating Issues
· Branding, Labeling and Copyright
· Acquisition Structuring and Business Transition Planning
· Grape Contracts & Related Litigation
1:00 LUNCH & WINE TASTING
Faculty includes principals and associates from Abbott & Kindermann, LLP; Weintraub Tobin; Cunningham Engineering, UC Davis and Downey Brand, LLP
In Speaking Order
- Diane Kindermann Henderson, Partner, Abbott & Kindermann, LLP
- Charles Cunningham, P.E. President, Cunningham Engineering
- Glen Hansen, Senior Counsel, Abbott & Kindermann, LLP
- Dr. Deborah Golino, Director, Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis
- Jim Clarke, Shareholder, Weintraub Tobin Law Corporation
- Scott Hervey, Shareholder, Weintraub Tobin Law Corporation
- Dale Stern, Co-Chair Food & Ag, Downey Brand, LLP
Registration Fee is $35, plus a bottle of wine to share at reception.
(Seminar Fee Includes Continental Breakfast, Lunch & Wine Reception to follow)
3.25 MCLE/AICP Credit Pending